Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Long day, easy dinner

Today was one of those days. You know the kind. The one where you get nothing productive done because you've decided to direct your energy towards the kids. And then 5 o'clock hits and you're thinking, "It's bedtime, right?". Wrong. It's....dun, dun, DUN! DINNER TIME!!
Yes. This was our day. We had a great play date with some wonderful friends. As the dinner hour approached I was feeling more and more exhausted. I won't lie. I reached for the phone. Nothing is easier than take out!
But then the guilt struck. My kids deserve more than take out. They deserve a home cooked meal. A healthy meal.
So off to the kitchen I went.


I grabbed what I saw:
Onions
Potatoes
Garlic
Chicken

Finely chopped the onions and sauteed them with the garlic in my Wild Tree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed oil (which by the way is AMAZING!). After the onions were soft I threw in the chicken.

 I cut up and boiled the potatoes.
Which, as you can see, I had lots of help with!


 Added some Italian Seasoning, pepper and salt to the chicken.




            


            annnnnd VOILA!




As you can see below, it was a big hit with everyone (which is rare!).


Got a thumbs up from Ori!
                                              
                                           Bobby enjoying his peas and potatoes.



And what meal wouldn't be complete without bread and butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment